Thought you weren’t going to be able to watch the upcoming Mexico Formula E race live? Think again! The forward-thinking motorsport has struck again with a way to rescue the loyal British fans ahead of the Mexican ePrix.
After ITV4 snubbed Formula E in favour of the Snooker for the next race (zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz) the organisers had to think on their feet to save the British fans from being exposed to just basic highlights on BT Sport or ITV.
And looks like theyve pulled it out of the bag. By getting onto YouTube, DailyMotion , the official Formula E app or www.fiaformuale.com, you are now able to watch races live. Pretty handy for us technological types, don’t you think?
If you’re worried about being stuck with the relatively tiny screen of your phone to catch the action, here are some of our top tips to enjoy the next race to its full potential:
- Buy a smart TV – these beauts have all sorts of goodies on them including HDMI ports, WiFi, Ethernet Cable inputs and, if you’re lucky, will make you a cup of tea during the race…
- Buy a HDMI Cable – plug it into your laptop and then your TV. Boom: you now have your computer screen on the TV (remember to close down any unwanted internet tabs…)
- Google Chromecast – one of the simplest, most effective ways to get whatever’s on your phone onto the big screen
- Apple and Amazon TV – untested by us, but probably predictably straightforward to set up
- Formula E App – easy enough to download and then sit in the bath and watch the race
- Buy a plane ticket – Mexico is lovely this time of year. Why not buy a cheap plane ticket (skyscanner.net), hook up some cheap accommodation (Airbnb.com) and enjoy the race in the sun?
So there you have it. A couple of options to watch the race. Who needs ITV4?
If you’ve got any other suggestions to make the next race even more enjoyable, feel free to shout them at us in the comments, online or on our hotline number (insert fake number here)